Roll a d20 to determine what bizarre situation awaits a character once they open their eyes.
The Character Wakes Up To Find…
- Their mouth full of black feathers.
- They are wearing the clothing and body-paint of a distant, primitive tribe.
- A headless body lying next to them.
- They have become an animal (but retain the ability to speak).
- Their entire body covered with iridescent scales.
- Bags of money strewn around their bedchamber.
- Themselves naked, surrounded by beautiful (and also naked) people they can’t identify.
- Themselves in a cell, charged with a bizarre crime (theft of the color orange, contempt of gravity, etc.).
- An extra eye in the middle of their forehead.
- The whole world is upside down (i.e., they are asleep on the ceiling and looking down on the floor).
- Everyone else in the world has become a walking, talking skeleton.
- They now have wings.
- The entire population of the town has vanished.
- A door in the wall of their bedchamber, that wasn’t there when they went to sleep.
- They are standing outside of their body, which is still asleep.
- Everything that was once delicious is now disgusting, and everything that was disgusting is now delicious.
- The world is subtly different, because a certain historical event apparently never happened.
- It is still dark, because dawn never came.
- A letter inviting them to join the “Sodality of the Desolate”.
- A small man perched on their chest, asking if “today is the day we finally make our move”